Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Frustration



This morning started off pretty horrible.

I was getting ready for work, and I had laid out 2 pairs of jeans to choose from the night before.

I picked these two pairs because I knew they would fit. Some of my jeans don't right now. This is something I'm really not proud of, but yet, it's a fact of my life.

I picked up my most forgiving pair of jeans, pulled them over my legs, buttoned them, and just about cried.

After all my hard work of running and doing a body weight training program for the last 3 months, I'm rewarded with jeans that don't fit.

I was pretty upset. I still am. My most forgiving jeans are so tight, I couldn't even sit in them, and they pinched my legs as I walked around my kitchen.

I had to totally reconfigure my outfit for the day, all while being discouraged and frustrated.

Can you relate to me at all right now?

I was feeling down on myself. But I have decided to not let this set me back. I took a hard look at my diet, and I am realizing that something is going to have to change if I want to reach my goals.

Sometimes it takes a wake up call, like my jeans not fitting, for me to make changes.

I just want you to know that the road to success if filled with setbacks.

Don't give up. Don't stray.

Know that God knew this was coming for you, and he gives you strength to get through this.

I'm starting health (ier) eating right now. I'm not waiting for next week, or next month. I'm starting today because there is no time like the present to make better choices.

And you never know, before long, just like with the exercise program, I might enjoy eating healthy foods and forgoing everything that makes me uncomfortable in my favorite jeans.

How is your week going? What are you frustrated about this week?